I went to litte india today with wanyi and it was kinda weird cos I really felt as though I was a tourist in my own country. some of the advertisements and signboards were only in Tamil. For once, I felt out of place in my own country. haha aptly, i'm doing this in place/out of place social geog reading. I was telling her that we could be doubly marginalized cos we were 1)chinese and 2)female. everybody around us were male and dark-skinned. I can't recall the last time I belonged to the racial minority in a place. I haven't been to Little India in so long it was fun! we had a good time together(: the food we had was disappointing though. I don't know where the good ones are!
I'd just begun exploring the radio function in my mac's itunes. hahah it rocks la. so many different genres of music available streamed from all over the world. really i love it! and they do not have commercials, how nice! I like listening to music I've never heard of ever in my life because it constantly feels as though there's a surprise waiting cos i have absolutely no clue what comes next in the song. ok nvm i dunno how to describe it.
i'm working on my first paper this semester and i feel like a noob all over again haha. God please help me!
and out of the corner of my eyes I spy a little card from Dan and Ani that just flew down from the top of my speakers. it reads:
"So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive His mercy and we will find grace to help us when we need it."
Heb. 4:16
love to all~
:D
1 comment:
oooh i didn't know about the radio function at all! cool! :)
Post a Comment