Sunday, September 06, 2009

.

Life is good. but sometimes i make things complicated for myself and for other people because i can't see the bigger picture. I never seem to learn my lesson. how many times have i regretted doing things out of frustration? countless! how many times have i regretted saying things out of anger? countless! after each regret, I realize that I'm regretting because I never bothered presenting my frustrations to God first. i know that if i had done that, He'd have reminded me of his truths, of the bigger picture, and how my frustrations won't matter in the long run of life. and in the longer run of eternity. I probably wouldn't even remember it 2 years later. I could have handled things differently, I could have responded more lovingly. why must I bring other people down together with my frustration. of all the things I regret, I hate regretting this the most.



When the work of earning a living, raising a family, maintaining health and fitness, and managing relationships starts to overwhelm us, it’s good to think about how small our part in the universe really is. While we obsess over our work, God quietly does His. He keeps the earth rotating, the planets revolving, and the seasons changing. Without any help from us, He makes the sun rise every morning and set every evening. Every night He changes the pattern of lights in the sky. He turns out the light so we can sleep, and turns it on again so we can see to work and play. Without lifting a finger, we get to enjoy sunrises and sunsets. Every year the seasons change on schedule. We don’t need to pray about it or tell God that it’s time to send spring. All that He does reminds us He is good (Acts 14:17). Life will at times be difficult, often it is painful, and for now it is imperfect. But still it is good, for in all these things nothing can separate us from the love of our God, which is in Christ Jesus.

- Julie Ackerman Link, odb.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

omg. we both have the same post on our blogs! the same post about the ODB message. HUGS.

I love you dear!

tian said...

haha go and see shu's one.
quite farrnie.

Blog Archive