Sunday, September 12, 2010

a morning lesson

one morning during a time of worship, God showed me something really important and precious to remember.
I was trying to worship... trying really hard. really really hard. like pushing and willing myself to exalt Him more and more. Yet, it was still that empty quietness in my heart. Then, I just gave up. that was when the word "honest" surfaced in my heart. and I knew then that He needed me to first be honest and offer an honest worship. So i began cutting away those fluffy and self-made, self-willed-out parts and gestures of worship. I cut...and cut...and cut... and then I realized all I had that was real and honest was so little. like tiny little. and I told God...this is all I have. so little.
But.. He told me that it's enough and it's good, and He accepted it. I was amazed....it was seriously little.. But simply because it was pure and honest, He took it. such a tiny offering and yet to Him it was enough.

Right after that worship, the pastor preached about authentic worship. Geez. What a prelude that was. That one encounter with God really taught me, and it's really changed my heart of worship, and I ask God that it remains that way, transformed.

I suppose it is the same with everything else. with prayer, and with our faith. we're always pushing and pushing thinking that the harder we push, the closer we'll get. that is why we pray prayers believing in the might of our prayers and build our faith upon the size of our faith. but that's not what it is! we pray prayers believing in the might of our Risen Lord and build our faith upon the size of our God Almighty. that is why faith the size of a mustard seed is enough, cos it's planted in the power of our God. prayer, faith, and worship...they don't have to be big to be powerful. they just have to be placed at the right altar :)

No comments: