Tuesday, September 18, 2007

case of the whizzy fan

my favourite tell-tale sign in the world - the embracing smell of impending rain! it's right outside my room :)

something happened today that made me really happy. it's a small day-to-day living thing but it is still heartening. this afternoon, i came back to hall to find my fan making annoyingly loud whizzing-buzzing noises. and I was thinking ARGH. I have to prepare for a test in the evening and it'll be such a hassle to get the hall office to mend the fan or replace it and there will be dust everywhere and there will be lots of cleaning up to do. and also, there are hamsters in my room which cannot be seen by the hall office people or i'll be slapped with a fine. worse still, the whole room was reeking of hamster pee! i tried to prod a bit with the fan but i was running late for class so i had no choice but to go.

During family lecture, I had no idea why but I just felt the urge to pray about the stupid fan in my room! so I prayed and asked God to take away the noise in the fan, bind it in His name and throw it out of my room! anw i came back from lecture and it was still buzzing when i turn it up at higher speed. nvm.. i headed out for tuition, and when i came back, presto! the fan was perfectly fine! I precariously turned it to maximum speed and it's still silent! I felt so relieved I could study in my room and I wouldn't have to bother about contacting the office and everything. =D it's just a small thing, but it means much to me that a prayer was answered so explicitly.

No comments:

Blog Archive