Friday, September 14, 2007

stormy-weathered friends

real friends are there for you through your thick and thin right? they dont run away when you're going through a difficult period or when u're in a sticky situation. they'll stand by you no matter what other people say.. they'll be there in your sorrow. but what about the joy? i think it's sad to know that you're only thought about when your friend needs you because he or she is feeling helpless or down. although it's a good thing to be always there for your friend and that he knows that he can count on you, it hurts to think that you're not needed otherwise. I feel like a pillow. I think a friendship is only real when we share both our joy and pain. How can friendships be there by default and made use of only when u need them? It really gets me down sometimes and I feel so disappointed. It hurts all the more because it didn't use to be like that.

I was thinking too, that this is the way I treat my GOd sometimes. Now i know how sad He must be when I do this. like i make the extra effort only when i'm in the dumps and in a desperate situation, or when i'm feeling helpless and hurt blahblah. but when life is smooth and normal, I forget that he's still working to sustain our relationship and it must be a terrible feeling to be only wanted when needed.

No comments:

Blog Archive