Sunday, July 12, 2009

a wish come true!

my mom really came to church with me today. she almost didn't, but she did. at the very last minute. God is crazy. all the way to church, I couldn't believe it. I also couldn't believe my mom was really there sitting beside me. As I watched aunty Jane and aunty Esther and my mom yakking away, it was so surreal. For 5 years I prayed for this day.. I'd dream that she would step into a church with me, but I'd never really believed that it would happen even though I keep telling myself to have faith.

it didn't matter that she never believed in Jesus, it didn't matter that she has always thought my religiosity out of this world. It didn't matter that she had to leave early. It just meant so much to me that she was there. I don't know how to say it. The feeling of having a loved one, or someone I love very deeply, by my side in church just means a lot to me. I can't exactly pinpoint the reason behind it. It makes me immensely joyous inside.

:) it was really sweet of my mother, and it's a very nice present from God. of course, I hope that my parents will discover Christ for themselves too.. it's all in His time. I dislike pushing it or preaching to them cos they hate it. yup but for now, thank you Father. it was indeed an unexpected blessing.

lessons on the Lord's sovereignty have been taking root lately. and it's been demonstrated in a number of ways.. it's reassuring to know that His sovereign plans will never be thwarted or ruined. His will is called a will for a reason. It is meant to be, and it will be done. It is the process of getting there that God uses to engage me, to build faith, to build patience, to build my understanding of Him, to build my trust, nurturing the relationship between the both of us.

~

I really like my students a lot. especially my normal classes. Besides being so rebellious, they are funny and cheeky and very cute. it's a joy watching them at school, teaching and interacting with them. and they can be hilarious. like in between lessons, they would take the camera projector on the teacher's desk and turn the camera on their classmates. and do things like examining their friends' pimples on the big screen with ludicrous comments. or pretending that they're making a film.

It's so different from the kind of classes i had when i was in secondary school. I know that they have huge baggages at home away from school, but the class feels so alive! They are very expressive, though (most of the time) not in the way a teacher would want. lol. On many occasions, I had a hard time stifling my laughter or my smile cos they're just so adorably funny. I needed them to be serious enough to absorb what I was trying to teach. If I were a student, I honestly wouldn't mind going to school with a class like theirs.

I've been practicing their english oral with them in small groups after school. it is another very effective way to get to know them and to let them know me. There's a Conversation segment where I throw out any topic that comes to my mind and they would talk to me about it. haha they are very interesting people.

1 comment:

alina said...

wow so precious and hee indeed He answers prayers - big or small(:
and i believe there's more to come!
don't stop believing and loving.
yeahh.
and haha!i wish i had a chance to teach these classes too tho i'm pretty scared to at times hurr

Blog Archive